Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Edith LaPrairie Champlin Colvin
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- December 2010 - 59 articles
- November 2010 - 56 articles
- October 2010 - 73 articles
- September 2010 - 128 articles
- September 30th, 2010 (Thursday) - 7 articles
- September 29th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 14 articles
- September 28th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- September 23rd, 2010 (Thursday) - 6 articles
- September 22nd, 2010 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- September 15th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 17 articles
- September 9th, 2010 (Thursday) - 24 articles
- September 8th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- September 3rd, 2010 (Friday) - 3 articles
- September 2nd, 2010 (Thursday) - 24 articles
- September 1st, 2010 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- August 2010 - 123 articles
- July 2010 - 137 articles
- June 2010 - 105 articles
- May 2010 - 103 articles
- April 2010 - 143 articles
- March 2010 - 136 articles
- February 2010 - 98 articles
- January 2010 - 115 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Edith LaPrairie Champlin Colvin|
Funeral services for Mrs. Edith LaPrairie Champlin Colvin, 84, of Ferriday will be held at Ferriday First Baptist Church on Thursday, September 9, 2010, 10 a.m. with Rev. Wayne Gray officiating.
Interment will follow at Greenlawn Memorial Park Cemetery in Natchez under the direction of Young's Funeral Home in Ferriday.
Mrs. Colvin was born July 4, 1926, in Argo and passed away Tuesday, September 7, 2010, at St. Frances Cabrini Hospital in Alexandria.
She was a resident of Ferriday, and a member of the Ferriday First Baptist Church. She was affectionatley known to her grandchildren as "Granny."
She was preceded in death by her husbands, Thomas C. Champlin and Archie Colvin; parents, Batist C. LaPrairie and Sarah Normand LaPrairie; two sisters, Mary Hedrick and Mildred Woodsen; five brothers — George LaPrairie, Elert LaPrairie, Woodrow LaPrairie and infant brothers Daniel and Roger LaPrairie.
Survivors include a daughter, Freda Williams and husband Ray of Ferriday; son, Tommy Champlin and wife Bonnie of Jonesville; son, Benny Champlin and wife Ann of Jonesville; son, Ronny Champlin and wife Judy of Baton Rouge; grandchildren — Todd Vinson, Mark Vinson, Tara Hudson, Chad Champlin, Natasha Young, Courtney Champlin, Shelley Champlin, Dareth Delhoste, Mindy Champlin-Camp, Justin Champlin, Jessica Appleby, Jared Champlin, and Jenna Burnham; 18 great grandchildren; stepdaughters, Sharron Smith of Zachary, Sandra McGlothin of Ferriday, and Vickie Hall of Shreveport; sister, Mearle Cole of Deville; and a brother, Ralph LaPrairie of Port Allen.
Pallbearers will be Chad Champlin, Justin Champlin, Todd Vinson, Mark Vinson, Jeff Young, and David Hudson.
Honorary pallbearer will be Jared Champlin
The family will receive friends at Young's Funeral Home, 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, September 8, 2010.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|