Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Secretary of State says Delta Fest moving to fall
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- December 2011 - 46 articles
- November 2011 - 61 articles
- October 2011 - 52 articles
- September 2011 - 49 articles
- August 2011 - 56 articles
- July 2011 - 51 articles
- June 2011 - 73 articles
- May 2011 - 47 articles
- April 2011 - 45 articles
- March 2011 - 53 articles
- March 31st, 2011 (Thursday) - 2 articles
- March 30th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- March 24th, 2011 (Thursday) - 2 articles
- March 23rd, 2011 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- March 18th, 2011 (Friday) - 1 articles
- March 16th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 7 articles
- March 10th, 2011 (Thursday) - 4 articles
- March 9th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- March 3rd, 2011 (Thursday) - 3 articles
- March 2nd, 2011 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- February 2011 - 57 articles
- January 2011 - 45 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Secretary of State says Delta Fest moving to fall|
Louisiana Secretary of State Tom Schedler confirmed last week that the Delta Music Festival in Ferriday will be moved from spring to fall.
He said the event will held in September this year.
"When I became Secretary of State I made a commitment to continue having the Delta Music Festival only to have found out that the grant for that had been pulled," Schedler told the Vidalia Lions Club last week. "But I'm going to find some money in our budget."
He said former Secretary of State Al Ater "graciously agreed to co-chair that event with me and we're going out to raise some money to make it happen. We need about $10,000."
Schedler was sworn in as acting secretary of state on Monday, Nov. 22, 2010, when then-Secretary of State Jay Dardenne took office as Lieutenant Governor. Schedler had been appointed first assistant secretary of state in December of 2007 by Dardenne.
"We're going to make sure it's not in conflict with anything else," Schedler said, in reference to the Bowie Festival in Vidalia which is held the fourth Saturday in September.
Schedler added that a new inductee will be added to the Hall of Fame.
He said the Secretary of State's Office oversees the operation of 17 museums, including the Delta Music Museum, the Chennault Aviation and Military Museum in Monroe, the Louisiana State Cotton Museum in Lake Providence, the Eddie Robinson Museum in Grambling, the Louisiana Military Museum in Ruston and the Louisiana Old State Capitol Museum.
(FOR FULL STORY SUBSCRIBE TO THE SENTINEL'S E-EDITION!)
|Frank Morris Murder Series|