Are you for armed guards at schools?|
Story Archives: Ferriday interviewing candidates
- 2013 - 290 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- December 2011 - 46 articles
- November 2011 - 61 articles
- October 2011 - 52 articles
- September 2011 - 49 articles
- August 2011 - 56 articles
- July 2011 - 51 articles
- June 2011 - 73 articles
- May 2011 - 47 articles
- April 2011 - 45 articles
- March 2011 - 53 articles
- March 31st, 2011 (Thursday) - 2 articles
- March 30th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- March 24th, 2011 (Thursday) - 2 articles
- March 23rd, 2011 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- March 18th, 2011 (Friday) - 1 articles
- March 16th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 7 articles
- March 10th, 2011 (Thursday) - 4 articles
- March 9th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- March 3rd, 2011 (Thursday) - 3 articles
- March 2nd, 2011 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- February 2011 - 57 articles
- January 2011 - 45 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Ferriday interviewing candidates|
Ferriday High assistant principal James Davis said the school is in the process of interviewing 15 candidates for the head football coaching position.
"We started interviewing candidates and we will resume Thursday because we are in the middle of testing," said Davis, who has served as interim head coach and assistant coach the past few years.
The new coach will be replacing Chad Harkins, who resigned at the first of the year and took over as head football coach at Jena High.
Harkins was hired before last season and led Ferriday to a 7-4 record as the Trojans won the District 2-2A championship before falling to Pope John Paul II in the first round of the playoffs.
The Concordia Parish School Board took applications for the head coaching vacancy through March 2.
"I really am surprised at the number of candidates," Davis said. "This is the first time in a while we have had this many. The interview process is going well."
Davis said he would like to see a new coach hired in April to give him time to conduct spring practice in May.
"We're shooting for April, but if not April, then certainly May," he said.
Harkins replaced Freddie Harrison, who arrived in Ferriday in 2007 and left after the 2009 season to become head coach at Washington-Marion in his hometown of Lake Charles.
"We've got to get somebody in here who will stay," Davis said. "Some of these kids have not had the same coach for two straight years."
|Frank Morris Murder Series|