Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Road, bridge work underway
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- December 2012 - 55 articles
- November 2012 - 87 articles
- October 2012 - 93 articles
- September 2012 - 80 articles
- August 2012 - 109 articles
- July 2012 - 71 articles
- June 2012 - 68 articles
- May 2012 - 72 articles
- May 31st, 2012 (Thursday) - 7 articles
- May 30th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- May 25th, 2012 (Friday) - 1 articles
- May 23rd, 2012 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- May 17th, 2012 (Thursday) - 6 articles
- May 16th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- May 10th, 2012 (Thursday) - 6 articles
- May 9th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- May 2nd, 2012 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- May 1st, 2012 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 2012 - 55 articles
- March 2012 - 59 articles
- February 2012 - 66 articles
- January 2012 - 41 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Road, bridge work underway|
Work to upgrade a three-mile stretch of the eastbound lanes of Hwy 84/425 outside Ferriday is underway, while bridge repair work at Lake St. John was slated to be completed Wednesday, May 9.
Louisiana Department of Transportation & Development (DOTD) District Supervisor at Chase, Ricky Moon, said the highway work involves removing existing surface, patching and resurfacing.
D&J Construction of West Monroe is the contractor on the $1 million project, Moon said.
The company has 60 working days to complete the project.
Meanwhile, Moon said a bridge near the Duck's Nest at Lake St. John on Hwy. 568 required repair work which was to be completed this week.
He said that during a routine inspection a small hole was discovered in the deck. The hole was repaired, four timber piles were driven and a new timber cap placed beneath the deck.
Moon said some of the deck boards were also replaced.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Concordia Sentinel's NEW E-Edition!
|Frank Morris Murder Series|