Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Application period open for magnet school
- 2013 - 340 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- December 2012 - 55 articles
- November 2012 - 87 articles
- October 2012 - 93 articles
- September 2012 - 80 articles
- August 2012 - 109 articles
- July 2012 - 71 articles
- June 2012 - 68 articles
- May 2012 - 72 articles
- May 31st, 2012 (Thursday) - 7 articles
- May 30th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- May 25th, 2012 (Friday) - 1 articles
- May 23rd, 2012 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- May 17th, 2012 (Thursday) - 6 articles
- May 16th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- May 10th, 2012 (Thursday) - 6 articles
- May 9th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- May 2nd, 2012 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- May 1st, 2012 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 2012 - 55 articles
- March 2012 - 59 articles
- February 2012 - 66 articles
- January 2012 - 41 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Application period open for magnet school|
Teachers and employees have been hired, while 110 students had applied through Tuesday for entrance to the new Ridgecrest Magnet School, scheduled to open Aug. 10.
According to school officials, the deadline for students to apply is June 11. Afterward, a lottery will be held to determine who will be enrolled and parents will be notified on June 15 by mail.
Enrollment will be limited to 20 students per grade for kindergarten through fifth grade.
The magnet school will focus on math, science and technology.
Nancy Anders, who was principal at Ridgecrest School, will remain in that position at the magnet school.
"It is very exciting," Anders said Wednesday morning. "We have a good group of teachers and we're looking forward to seeing the children."
Anders said some renovation work is currently underway at the school.
"We're putting up some walls, doing some restructuring and painting," she said.
She said training work is also scheduled.
Meanwhile, the Concordia Parish School Board appointed teachers and other personnel to the magnet school and handled other appointments as well as retirements and transfers during a special meeting Thursday night.
Employed at the magnet school were:
Kate Neal, teacher; Angela Cotten, teacher; Emily Graham, teacher; Bridget Seals, teacher; Shannon Cooley, teacher; Amber Nugent, teacher; Christen West, teacher; Jessica Tyler, paraprofessional/technology coordinator; and Karriemah Johnson, paraprofessional.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Concordia Sentinel's NEW E-Edition!
|Frank Morris Murder Series|