Are you for armed guards at schools?|
Story Archives: Ferriday boys down Lake Providence
- 2013 - 290 articles
- May 2013 - 41 articles
- April 2013 - 54 articles
- March 2013 - 40 articles
- February 2013 - 80 articles
- January 2013 - 75 articles
- January 31st, 2013 (Thursday) - 7 articles
- January 30th, 2013 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- January 24th, 2013 (Thursday) - 9 articles
- January 23rd, 2013 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- January 18th, 2013 (Friday) - 1 articles
- January 17th, 2013 (Thursday) - 1 articles
- January 16th, 2013 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- January 10th, 2013 (Thursday) - 6 articles
- January 9th, 2013 (Wednesday) - 7 articles
- January 3rd, 2013 (Thursday) - 5 articles
- January 2nd, 2013 (Wednesday) - 7 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Ferriday boys down Lake Providence|
Ferriday High's boys picked up their first District 2-2A win Friday, defeating Lake Providence 62-58 Friday in Ferriday.
The Trojans pulled out the win despite missing 23 free throws.
"I'm happy with the win, but I was not pleased with our effort," said Ferriday head coach K.G. Watkins. "We seem to play down to our competition."
Da'John Mitchell led Ferriday with 19 points, while Quavion Ellis added 17.
The win was huge for the boys as far as power rankings, where Ferriday sat at 32 on Monday in Class 2A. The top 32 teams advance to the playoffs.
Ferriday High's Lady Trojans put forth one of their best efforts of the season, but fell to Lake Providence 62-61.
Trailing by one point with 50 seconds remaining, the Lady Trojans turned the ball over and then attempted to foul Lake Providence players with 13 seconds remaining, but no foul was called until 1.1 seconds remaining. Ferriday was unable to get a last shot in that time.
The Lady scored 21 points in the second quarter to tie the game at 27-27 at halftime.
Sha'Keria Kelly scored 13 of her 28 points in the third period to keep the Lady Trojans even with the Lady Panthers.
Jada Griggs, despite having teeth pulled earlier in the day, finished with 18 points.
"I was proud of how we played with passion and heart," said Lady Trojan coach Lisa Abron. "We just made some crucial mistakes in the end. We just need to keep playing with that same intensity."
Ferriday's home game against Homer Tuesday was postponed because of icy weather in north Louisiana. That game will be played February 11 in Ferriday.
Ferriday plays the first of five straight road games at Lakeside Friday.
The Trojans travel to Jonesboro-Hodge Tuesday.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|